Monday, April 16, 2012

A Tender Mercy


In March Andy wrote and said he was being transferred from California to either Oklahoma or Mississippi.  His dad looked on the California Prison website and read that Andy was sent to La Palma Correctional Center in Eloy, Arizona!  We kept hoping for a letter from our son to verify that he was sent there and how he felt about it, but no word.  I felt some concern, but can't really do too much about that except pray, of course.

Tuesday I was in the temple sealing office waiting to participate in the sealing ordinance for about 50 family names.  While I was sitting there a fellow was asked if he was still doing his prison ministry.  I perked up immediately.  Then he was asked where?  My jawed dropped and tears filled my eyes when he said, "La Palma."  I whispered to him that my son had just been transferred there.  He asked me for Andy's name and said he would do what he can to invite him to their meeting on Thursday nights.  The temple worker came up to me and said, "I hope you realize you have just experienced a tender mercy from the Lord, and that happens all the time in the temple."

That very day when I got home a letter was waiting for me from Andy.  He wrote that his window faces the southwest towards the Tortolita mountains near our home. Another tender mercy.          

 

4 comments:

  1. It is always nice to hear stories like these. A lot of hope and peace comes from seeing even the smallest of tender mercies from the Lord, especially in some of the darkest moments in our lives.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so grateful that you have experienced this wonderful little miracle in your's and Andy's life. Will this mean yo can visit him?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing, and well deserved tender mercy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, this made me cry. I think these tender mercies sprinkled through life are the only way any of us are ever able to keep mind and soul together. You definitely deserve such a mercy.

    ReplyDelete