Tuesday, October 30, 2012

THE GOODNESS OF GOD


Since the last debacle of a visit we have been able to see, hug, and talk to Andy each weekend.  I am grateful and I should have shown my gratitude by posting before this.  Our visits are always so good.  We laugh, I listen, and I observe.  When the kids were growing up and I was deep into my job of mothering, if they said something I didn't agree with or I had concerns about, I would make a judgement, jump right in and give my opinion.  Maybe it's because they are grown up or more mature, but I just try to listen these days.  I've noticed that Andy is more willing to share when I nod my head, say "uh huh," or "oh."  And he has been sharing a lot.  He is definitely accepting responsibility for his actions, does not blame someone else, and is even accepting the terms of his sentencing.  He says he doesn't argue with other inmates, and not because he might get beat up, but because it doesn't do any good.  Other people can think what they want.  This is a huge step for my youngest son.

I know his life was saved by his arrest two years ago.  I know the amount of time he will spend locked up is for his good.  I know all of this has been orchestrated or arranged by a very loving and kind Father in heaven.  And not just because He loves Anders, but because He loves me.  I have been given assurances of His love.  Andy is only 40 minutes from our home.  He's feels great sorrow for what he did to his family.  He is adjusting and being safe in this circumstance.  

I love my son.  I do not doubt the goodness of God.        

3 comments:

  1. Great principle of parenting you have learned. I am still struggling with it but trying hard.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your faith and insight continually inspire me. XX

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is so wonderful to see your patience and love paying off in big dividends. As you say, you're happy to have your son alive. You remind me of the last story in Chpt. 21 of George Albert Smith's Teachings. I am going to mention you in my lesson tomorrow!! Smiles, hugs and happiness to you all.

    ReplyDelete